messages that I will never send through facebook
I’m as big a fan of facebook as anyone, love that I can keep in touch with friends, get back in touch with old friends, get to know new friends. I’m pretty open on fb, but there’s still messages that I compose, sometimes even write, but I can never bring myself to click “Share.”
Friend request / invites never sent:
- It seems weird to ask to be your friend, 20 years now since you told me you didn’t want to be friends anymore. Your explanation didn’t really make any sense to me, though if I’m honest with myself, I think its because you thought I was lame. But I liked you, and I wonder how you’re doing and hope you’re doing well. And I don’t think I’m lame. But I worry that asking you to be a facebook friend will just sound lame to you.
- I wish you were on fb, or that I had any other way of getting in touch. I wish we hadn’t lost track of each other. I developed a crush on you the day I met you, but if I’d known that it would end our friendship when we got romantically involved, I never would have gone there. It wasn’t worth it.
Posts I will never leave on a friend’s wall:
- I miss our talks. I don’t know why things are different, but I’m pretty sure it’s me.
- It’s been really fun catching up with you on fb. Thing is, I do not remember you. At all. We have friends in common, and went to the same school at the same time, and you seem to remember me, so I’ll believe that we knew each other, but it’s a little weird.
- It was more than 10 years ago that we talked about our plans for the future. Both of us talked about wanting kids with our respective partners sometime in 4 or 5 years. I think about that conversation some times and wonder about you and your partner. Did you go through infertility like we did – are you still? Did you change your mind?
- I wonder if you know just what you meant to me. Every 17 year old girl should have someone who really looks at her, and tells her she’s beautiful. I needed that at that time. You probably didn’t know that. But I wish we’d had more time to just talk and get to know each other. I don’t know how to start a conversation with you now.
(I have this blog set up on facebook, so I could share a link to thispost with all my fb friends, but I can’t quite do it.)