25 Random Things
So this meme has been going through facebook, and so I finally succumbed and wrote mine on Monday. So I’m being lazy and just re-posting it here. My apologies to any fb friends who see this twice, but honestly, you can deal. Oh and if any of you guys are on fb and not friends with me, let me know, how to add you and I will. If you want. You want me to be a friend, right?
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you. (I’m breaking the rules right here and now, see the end of the post for more on that).
1. I was born in South Dakota – Sioux Falls, but we lived in a town called Brandon. I don’t remember it at all since my parents moved to another place in SD (and moved me with them) when I was 6 months old.
2. I have also lived in Colorado, Indiana, and Minnesota.
3. I love living in Minnesota, but Colorado holds a special place in my heart. I miss the mountains. A lot.
4. I’m having trouble imagining coming up with another 21 items to add to this list.
5. It still hasn’t sunk in that I’m a mother
6. As much as I love Zoe, I look forward to the time after she goes to sleep so that I can have some time to myself, and I look forward to going to work, too
7. My first big word (according to my mom) was “library”
8. My best friend growing up became a librarian, I wish I was still in touch with her
9. As much as I loved libraries growing up, and even though I worked in the library in college, it never occurred to me that I could be a librarian as a career.
10. I even considered volunteering at a library when I first graduated from college, but again, never thought someone might pay me to work at a library.
11. I’m really glad I eventually figured it out.
12. No matter how much I love my job, I have never been, and will never be a workaholic
13. Things I wanted to be when I grew up: ophthalmologist, airplane pilot, astronaut, astronomer
14. Of those, the one that I’m sad that I won’t ever be: astronaut
15. The real reason I’m not tagging people is because I’m worried they’ll think I’m stalking them or something.
16. I hate being the center of attention but I crave recognition
17. If I could, I would go to sleep around 1 am at night, and not get up until around noon. Or later.
18. I am afraid of upsetting people to the point that it keeps me from talking about things going on in their lives just in case circumstances have changed and it might hurt them to talk about it
19. When we were in the midst of infertility, I stopped talking to some friends because I was sure they were about to announce they were pregnant.
20. In nearly every case, I was wrong.
21. It took us 2 years – which included months of disappointment, a lot of fertility drugs, and invasive tests and procedures – to conceive Zoe.
22. I am scared we’ll have to go through that again if we try for a second child
23. I’m scared of failure in general
24. I hate it when people tell me, “You’ll understand once you [blah, blah, blah – have a kid, get older, own a house – blah, blah, blah]
25. I can’t believe I came up with 25 things. Even more surprising is that I’m starting to think of other random things to add, but I’ll refrain.
Ok, since I’m not tagging anyone specifically, if you want to do a list of 25, consider yourself tagged. If not, leave a comment with 1 random thing that I don’t know about you.