I was tagged by Kat at Oranges and Peaches, so here goes:
What was I doing 10 years ago?
- Working as a programmer at a software company, had moved from new development to customer support and training
- On a brief break from dating Chris. We’d get back together in just a couple of weeks
- Had just moved into my own apartment by myself – I had been living with 3 roommates before that
- Had just bought my first car – a 1995 hail-damaged Honda Civic
What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
- Celebrate Mother-in-law’s birthday – yay!
- Pack picnic for aforementioned birthday
- Clean up around the house
- Respond to some emails
Snacks I enjoy….
- Chocolate chips melted in a flour tortilla, rolled up
- Pita chips with cinnamon and sugar
Things I would do if I were a billionaire: [wow, a billion is a lot, this could be fun]
- Pay taxes happily
- Buy a new house that’s a little bigger and remodel the kitchen, with the same designer that did our current kitchen
- Pay for someone to do native plant landscaping so we wouldn’t have to worry about landscaping upkeep
- Pay off mortgages for family
- Set up endowment funds to fund research in
- Children’s vision
- Clean, renewable energy
- Infertility, particularly reducing the risk of multiples
- Pay to go into space – they still do that, right?
- Set up an endowment fund to support the new Community Sponsored Agriculture farms
- I’d want to keep my job, but I would also want to work only a few days a week, and that’s really not fair to my coworkers, so I’d probably end up quitting.
- Oh, throw a big party. Biiiig party. You’d all be invited. There would be free childcare. And crash space.
Places I have lived:
- South Dakota (3 different locations)
- Germany (2 different locations for one year combined)
- Minnesota (4 different locations not counting college)
Jobs I have had:
- Babysitter (from age 11 on)
- After school child care at local elementary school (high school)
- Research assistant at Indiana Geological Survey (high school and college, summer and winter breaks)
- Circulation desk assistant (college)
- Software developer, Software programming trainer, Customer Support consultant, Supervisor, Interim Manager (post-college, 7 years in total, the interim manager job was the worst 8 weeks of my working career)
- Science Librarian – Yeah!
Bloggers I’m tagging for this meme…[but only if you want to – this is the first time I’ve ever actually tagged anyone]
- Fighting Windmills
- Untethered Nothings (who I was just getting to know really well 10 years ago…)
- The Therapist is In
- At the Foot of the Bluff (who I was working with 10 years ago…)
- You! (If you want)