what’s been up
I’ve been feeling sick the last couple of days. Sick to my stomach and with no energy whatsoever.
But today it’s a balmy 52°, and I’m feeling much better, and I’m even craving chocolate again. You know it had to have been bad when I didn’t even want chocolate.
In other news, I was tagged by Alicia. Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you (see above).
Post the rules (here you are).
Share six non-important habits/quirks about yourself (see below).
Tag three other people (um, you, you, and you).
- When I eat any candies that are multi-colored (like skittles or m&m’s), I eat them such that there are an equal number of each color. Then I keep eating the different colors so it stays at roughly equal colors of candies.
- My eyelids have been featured in an ophthalmology textbook. In highschool, I went to the IU school of ophthalmology for eye exams. One of the faculty there was writing a textbook and thought my eyelids had a textbook case of some problem with the underneath of my eyelids. So I got to go in for an eyelid photoshoot.
- I’ve studied abroad in highschool – 1 year in Germany, college – 10 weeks in Italy, and grad school – 2 weeks in Oxford.
- One of my favorite books is the Statistical Abstract of the United States, published yearly by the Census Bureau. It’s awesome. Don’t believe me? It’s a compendium of all sorts of statistics about the US, from the general population numbers, to retail prices of selected items, to healthcare costs, to my favorite, injuries associated with consumer products (link downloads an excel file). Did you know there were more injuries associated with beds than knives and lawnmowers combined in 2005? Bet you didn’t. Now you do.
- Though I want to stop, I cannot stop myself from watching America’s Next Top Model.
- While I was sick this week, a little voice kept whispering in my ear that maybe I was pregnant, even though I knew full well that there was no way that was the case.
- Posted in: all about me